Château Saint Martin des Champs
AOP Saint-Chinian wines and Pays d'Oc IGP wine
In the depths of Languedoc, some twelve miles from the Mediterranean coast, and in the first foothills of the Cevennes, Château Saint Martin des Champs was built in the 17th C, near a 7th C hermitage where pilgrims rested awhile on their way to Santiago de Compostela.
of winegrowers... always with the same
The magnificent buildings have from the very beginning been a perfect complement to the vineyards.The vast stables and wine tanks, built in in 1752, have seen much history.
Pierre and Michel BIROT
The present owners of the Caves du Château Saint Martin des Champs, Pierre and Michel Birot have been wine-farmers from father to son since 1675. Today they are highly professional farmers, proud of their work, cultivating their 225-acre vineyard with enthusiasm, intelligence and affection.
The care they take in working the land, south-facing clayey chalk, and in tending the vines, gives several of the finest wines from the region.